- The Institute of Computer Science/FORTH and PRAXI Network/FORTH, run an online competition on the website: www.cap-a.eu/portal with prize a £50 Amazon Gift Card. The winner will be selected on the basis of an online lottery on November 29, 2020. The competition duration is: 23/11 – 27/11.
- To be eligible to enter the competition:
(a) entrants must be a real person, at least 18 years old
(b) entrants must not be our employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
(c) Competition entrants for our competition are the people that create an account in the website: https://cap-a.eu/portal/ and fill in at least one field in the account creation web form.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible in the website: https://cap-a.eu/portal/.
- Applicable legislation / Rights of the participants
The protection of personal data and privacy is a fundamental human right. The law provides specific rights to natural persons (data subjects) and imposes specific obligations on those who hold and process such data (controllers). This competition takes into account all European laws and Directives for the protection of personal data, as resulting from the implementation of the “General Data Protection Regulation (EU 679/2016)” and the Greek implementing Law 4624/2019 , as applicable. According to the above Regulation, the participants have the right to access the data that concern them and have been collected in the context and for the purposes of this competition. They also have the right to information, correction, deletion (“right to be forgotten”), processing restrictions, data portability and objection, subject to any exceptions provided for in existing European and national legislation. Finally, participants have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority (Personal Data Protection Authority).
To exercise your rights regarding this competition, you can contact us at email: email@example.com
5. Applicable regulations/ Rights of participants
The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right. The law provides specific rights for natural persons (data subjects) and sets specific obligations for those who keep and process such data (controllers). All applicable EU and national legal frameworks and guidelines on the protection of personal data, as derived from the application of the “General Data Protection Regulation (EU 679/2016)”, are being considered in this competition.
In accordance with EU data protection regulations, you have rights regarding how your personal data is processed. You have the right to be informed about your personal data collected in and for the purposes of this competition and to have access to them, and the right for these data to be in a portable and easily accessible form. You also have the right to request that your personal data be corrected, updated or deleted, the right to have the processing restricted, and the right to object, with the reservation of any exceptions provided for in existing European and national legislation. We acknowledge also to you, that in accordance with the aforementioned Regulation, you have the right to file a complaint to the national Data Protection Authority.
Right to refuse or withdraw
As participants in this competition, you are free at any time, and until the end of it, to refuse to participate, or withdraw your consent for the data collected in the competition. There are no risks of adverse consequences for withdrawing participation and you do not need to justify your decision. In this case your personal data will be deleted.
You can withdraw your consent to this competition at any time, in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The participants in this competition unreservedly acknowledge and accept all the above terms.